Cauliflower “no-mac”-n cheese
Great alternative to mac-n-cheese! My kiddos LOVE it! My daughter helped make the cheese sauce and was her favorite part 🙂 This is a great meatless dish by itself or as a side dish with any grilled meat Submitted by: Melissa Pruitt
- 1 large head cauliflower (1 1/2 lb) Cut into medium flowerets (8 cups)
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 3 Tbsp spelt flour
- 2 Cups Organic milk
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Cups raw cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 organic egg yolks
- 2/3 cups of Ezekiel Bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350
- Steam the florets until tender in a pot of lightly salted water for about 6 min. then drain.
- In a medium sauce pan melt the butter and whisk in flour and cook for 1 full min whisking constantly.
- Add Garlic and milk stirring constantly over medium heat until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in shredded cheddar, cayenne pepper and egg yolks, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Butter a 9×13 glass pan, add cauliflower and pour cheese sauce over the cauliflower making sure to coat the pieces well.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake at 350 for 30 mins.